LIFELONG LEARNING PROGRAMME GRUNDTVIG
Discovering parallels of folk pattern in ceramics of European nations
17-24 JANUARY 2011
Venue: Kuressaare, Estonia
Working language: English
Organizer: MTÜ Saaremaa Art Studio
People interested in art activities. People who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in inter-cultural relations of folk art of different nations; people who are interested in the development of their individual personality.
Aims and objectives of the workshop:
- To advance and promote know-how of the traditions of pottery and ceramics of various nations;
- To advance skills in working with different types of clay and applying various types of glazing techniques;
- To promote knowledge in Estonian traditions and folk art;
- To provide the learners with new knowledge and skills to apply in their future activity;
- The objectives will be attained by theoretical study and practical activity.
Expected outputs (especially in terms of the learning outcomes for the participants):
Advanced know-how in the traditions of pottery and ceramics of various nations; advanced skills in working with various types of clay and applying various types of glazing techniques; advanced knowledge in Estonian traditions and folk art; possibilities for applying the acquired knowledge and skills in the trainees further activity.